Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Comedy :D












Reaction:

New Yorker sa Tondo

When I first saw the poster on the bulletin board, I thought it would be another boring play. I never liked stage productions. It never caught my attention. It’s probably because I watch too much CGI films. When it became a requirement, I had no choice but to watch it. The play started off with an opening song and it was quickly followed by the opening scene. At first, I was looking around and goofing off during the play. Suddenly, Kyla arrived to the scene. Kyla got my attention quickly coz I wasn’t expecting the actor to portray a gay brother of Kikay. Then when the love story part kicks in, it pretty much became predictable. I knew that Nena will have an accident or some sort. I also knew that there is a love affair between the four main characters. Overall, the play was okay; not bad, not good.

Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain

Amelie, one of the weirdest films I’ve watched. It was like “expect the unexpected”. At first glance, I was like “Great! This is the secret movie?!?! An Indie film?!?!?!” On the first minutes of the film, I was near asleep. I “started” to watch the film after Amelie delivered an old metal box of childhood memorabilia to Dominique Bretodeau. Then all of a sudden, the film finally got my attention. I really like the twist in the story about the repairman of the photo booth. That part really got my attention. The film made me laugh in some parts. Especially when Amelie asked herself “How many people are having an orgasm right now?” “Fifteen”. That was really unexpected for a woman with a wild imagination. Lastly, I preferred this film over the play because I enjoyed the life story of Amelie than the homecoming of Kikay.

No comments:

Post a Comment